A Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is a private super fund that you manage yourself. All members of a SMSF are responsible for the fund’s decisions and for complying with the law.
Here at Chequer Accounting, we have extensive experience providing Accounting and Taxation Services to Self-Managed Super Funds and helping Trustees meeting their obligations.
Services we offer to SMSF’s
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Preparation of Member Statements
- Preparation of Tax Returns
- Organising and Liaising with the external SMSF Auditor
- Providing Advice regarding Compliance with the SIS Act and Regulations
- Preparation and Lodgement of Business Activity Statements and Instalment Activity Statements
- Other Administrative tasks such as filing TBAR’s with the ATO and Registered Agent services with ASIC for SMSF corporate Trustee’s
Areas of Expertise
We have extensive experience and knowledge providing Accounting and Taxation Services to SMSF’s particularly those with the following Investment types:
- Managed Fund Investments
- Shares and Other Stock Market Investments
- Bond Portfolios
- Residential and Commercial Properties
- Term Deposits
The Stuff we DON’T do
If you’ve got a SMSF you probably already know, or should know, that there are limits on what Tax Agents and Accountants are allowed to do for your SMSF. Below is a list of services, as Tax Agents, we can’t and don’t do:
- Prepare or provide Financial Advice
- Prepare or provide Statements of Advice
- Prepare or provide an Investments Strategies
- Recommend any form of Investments, including purchasing a property
- Recommend establishing an SMSF
- Recommend you make contributes to Super
- Recommend you start a pension
- Recommend you have a Binding Death Nominations
We are happy to work alongside your preferred Financial Planner. We will handle the Tax and Accounting side of things and they’ll handle all of the Financial Investments Advice.
Our Fees for SMSF compliance work depend on the complexity of your Superfund. We strongly believe that SMSF’s shouldn’t be a “Visit your Accountant Once a Year” kind of thing, this is because it’s SUPER important that things are done right, the first time with Superfunds.
Compliance work for SMSF’s also incurs other costs, in addition to our time, such us the Audit Fees, Software Fees, Actuarial Certificates and Title Search Fees.
Our Fees for SMSF’s Accounting and Taxation start at $2,640 per year ($2,400 plus GST). Please note this is our minimum fee, the fees applicable to your Fund may be higher, depending on the complexity and time spent on the Fund.